Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Evaluating Kindle reader for the MacBook and a Window XP Netbook

I have to say there's some promise here with the Kindle reader for the MacBook and also for a Window XP machine, but I am disappointed with them for reading technical material. I am reading a book on business analytics for the Web Analytics Book Club. We meet weekly to discuss the current chapter. The eBook has no page numbers which makes it impossible to quickly let people know what "page" I am referring to. We are using an audio conference call, not a web conference, so there's no screen sharing. The book itself has very minimal section numbering. Also, I am reading the same book on both platforms, one platform in my office and one platform in our den. This caused the reader for the MacBook to crash repeatedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment